homeauthor us blogs swap awards opsec dashboard

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Tribute to My Dad

Emidio M. 11/2/48-08/18/08

My Father was the second oldest of 3 kids to Antonio (an (alomst) priest and business owner) and Vivian (actress, singer, and beautician). He was born in Italy where his parent's were raised. They moved to America in 1954.

He had a hard life after moving to America, struggling to learn english, and being different. He grew up to be very rebellious and was known by everyone as someone u do not cross. He was a bit of a badass and he knew it and owned it.

But to me he was just the greatest Dad in the world. He was loving, down to earth, silly, smart, and kind. He made me feel safe and was someone I could be proud to call my Father.

I was Daddy's little girl who he raised like a boy. I got black eyes and scraped knees playing football, and wanted a work bench like my Dad's more than a little girl's vanity set!

I was without a doubt the apple of his eye and he showed it in many ways.

He was a talented musician who played guitar and bass. I used to love to sing 'Take Me to the Ballgame" while he played it on guitar!

Even though he passed away before my wedding day, I find peace in knowing that he loved my husband and accepted him and gave us nothing but good wishes and blessings! He didn't smoke but he lit up a cigar the night I got engaged! :)

He was a jack of all trades. He practically built both of my childhood homes with his bare hands. He knew carpentry, plumbing, electrical, cars, motorcycles, music, history, u name it that man was good at it! He was even a great artist and writer. He had more talents than I can even count.

He was a successful business owner and family man, he collected Harley Davidson motorcycles and loved to work on them in his free time, and he was exactly like Uncle Jesse (from full house) when it came to his hair!

To everyone else, even my other siblings, he put this front on that he was a tough macho man who didn't have feelings. But to my Mom and myself, he let his guard down and was the greatest person we'll ever know for many reason beyond explanation.

He was honest, and would help anyone out at anytime in any way he possibly could. He learned from his mistakes and became a better person because of them.

My Mom was the love of his life! They were soul mates. He had 3 kids to two other women and he always told my Mom in their next life, he's waiting for her so that time around she would be the mother to all his kids! They had their own kind of love. A love that was expressed to each other through a simple gaze into each other's eyes.

Not everyone gave him a fair chance and hurt him a lot in his life. People who should have and some who were very close to him. And he did not deserve it. Though it hurt him deeply the things that those people said and did to him, he was always nothing but loving towards them and was there anytime they needed him and knowing he was wanted was all he ever really wanted from any one. I honestly feel sorry for those people, not because of what they did, but because they never had a chance to know the man he really was before it was too late.

When he was only 59 when he passed away in a motorcycle accident. I won't go into detail about it, but we take comfort in knowing that he didn't know what was going on when it happened and he didn't suffer. He passed 8 minutes before we arrived to the hospital.

He was a great man and was loved by many! He's a true loss to the world now that he's gone and he will forever be missed!

RIP Daddy! I'll always be your little girl.

"To the living, I am gone. To the sorrowful, I will never return. To the angry, I was cheated. To the happy, I am at peace. But to the faithful, I have never left. I can not speak, but I can listen. I can not be seen, but I can be heard. So as you stand upon a shore gazing at a beautiful sea, as you look upon a flower and admire it's simplicity, remember me. Remember me in your heart, your thoughts, and your memories. Of the times we love, the times we cried, the times we fought, the times we laughed. For if you always think of me, I will never have gone." -Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so thanks for leaving one! :)