homeauthor us blogs swap awards opsec dashboard

Sunday, March 11, 2012

MilSpouse Survey :)

1. How did you and your spouse meet?
Through mulutal friends! (See 'Our Story' if u want more details!)

2. How old were you when you two met?
We were both 15. :)

3. How long have you been together?
We've been together for 7 yrs and married for what will be 3 yrs this month!

4. Where are you and your spouse originally from?
Pennsylvania. From tiny country towns!

5. How did you feel about him joining the military?
At first I really wasn't happy about it at all. But then I warmed up to the idea and realized it was a really great opertunity for him and the best decision for our future.

6. Where did your spouse go to Basic Training?
Great Lakes, Chicago. I believe the only boot camp there is now?

7. Has your spouse ever been deployed?
Yes. Last yr we had a 7 month deployment and he's currently deployed again for even longer, with a ton of work ups in between. Not fun. But what can ya do?

8. Ever been to his promotion ceremony?
No... I can't remember why I didn't go when he made PO3. I think maybe I had to work? Not sure. I probably won't get to go to his next one either because he might still be deployed. =\

9. How long have you been a military wife?
About 3 down, roughly 6-7 more to go!

10. Did you marry him before or after he joined?
Before. We were engaged for a few yrs before the Navy was even part of our plan. Him enlisting just moved our wedding date up.

11. How did your husband propose?
Well, it was Christmas Eve night, my senior yr of high school, and we were at his family's house. We decided to leave for a while to get some alone time and we went to a park we went to a lot when we first started dating. We were just joking around swinging and all the fun things u do at a park! Lol. Then I went down a slide and he was standing at the end. When I got to the bottom he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him! My first responce was "Seriously?!" Lol. Followed by "Yea!" Lol.

12. Where did you get married?
Well since we weren't planning on getting married so soon we just got married by justice of the peace with my mom and his parents there. We plan on having our real wedding soon. One where our entire family and all our friends can come and I wear a gown! Maybe for our 5th wedding anniversary! :)

13. How old were you two when you got married?
He just turned 20 and I was 19.

14. Did he wear his uniform on his wedding day?
No. We got married before he even had uniforms. Lol.

15. Where are you and your spouse currently stationed?
WA. The mountain views r amazing, the rain is depressing, and the winters r brutal! I can't wait to move to VA!

16. Do you live on base?
No. I prefer not to.

17. How long were you married when you had to go through your first separation?
About 2 months I think? When he went to boot camp. It seemed like forever but that’s nothing now! Lol.

18. What is your favorite base so far?
Favorite base was probably Pensacola, FL. Just because it was huge and like it's own town. Our base now is probably the worst. Security always likes to give me a hard time for no reason and they're so unorganized it isn't even funny. Again, can't wait to move to VA!

19. Do you think your spouse looks good in his uniform?
Hell yea! ;)

20. Do you think military life is more advanced than civilian life?
I wouldn't say more advanced. It’s basically the same with more rules in my opinion.

21. Do you like the benefits you receive as a military dependent?
Eh. I'm lucky to have health insurance and stuff cause I know a lot of people don't. But I had free insurance thru the state in PA and never had a co-payment for anything. With Tri care we not only have to pay for me to have prime but I always have co-payments that get higher as my husband's rank gets higher. So I basically have to wait to go to a dentist until we can afford it and I have to drive out of my way to get my perscriptions on base just so they're free. But other than that,.. shopping at the nex tax free is nice, comissarry is nice... I don't really know what other benefits I would have. Lol. So yea.

22. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Sure do. They definietly got me through last deployment! But a lot of them have turned into people I wouldn't have expected them to and I'm looking forward to meeting new people in VA!

23. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Just the deployments and being seperated from family. Other than that it's all just a normal lif. Life in general can be hard. We just have some extra stuff going on with our husbands being deployed and sometimes for a lot longer than expected and possibily being away from ur family that whole time. But u get used to it.

24. Do you own military wife stuff?
Yes! I love showing off that I'm a Navy wife and love anything nautical so I love anchors and all that fun stuff!

25. Do you support your spouse as a member of the military?
Of course! It's not always easy. But he has my back and I have his!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so thanks for leaving one! :)